CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 25

Chicks, Bunnies, and Eggs Oh My!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter.  The last two weeks I have tried to squeeze in as many egg, bunny and chick activities that I could.  Many of the activities we did came from awesome teacher blogs.  Here's some of what we've been up to:

Chick and Duckling Venn- idea from Chalk Talk



Cute chickies using a pattern I Googled

"Bowling Pin" duckies from a Mailbox magazine

Pysanky Eggs- inspired from Finally in First.  We watched "Reshanka's Eggs" by Patricia Pollaco on Reading Rainbow before painting our own Russian eggs.

Our egg bulletin board with pictures from the egg unit
on Chalk Talk
Easter Bunny Application- I changed this around a little bit after seeing Cara Carroll's Elf Application at the First Grade Parade.  The cute bunny pattern came from First Grade...a la..Carte.  I love how these turned out.  After every child turned in their application, we voted to see who would make the best Easter Bunny.



Click here for a copy of the Easter Bunny Application
 


Duck Rabbit- I watched "Duck Rabbit" on Tumble Books then had my kids make these super cute ducks that turn into rabbits.  They loved these.

The label says
 "My little, yellow duck
is really very funn.
For when I turn him over
It becomes an Easter bunny.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like you have been very busy. I love your crafts!

Leslie

http://firstgradeintheyellowhallway.blogspot.com/

Lauren Morse said...

Leslie,
You are my first follower!! I'm so excited. I haven't wanted to "advertise" my blog until I added a few more things. Thanks for your sweet comment.

Kristin Young said...

You have fantastic ideas!! I always hang the directions to our glyphs up with the student products but your twist on the application is too cute. Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more from you! :)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten